October 08, 2012

My Favourite Song




  This verse is amazing! For me, it's very personal...
As you can see, my fav song called Vermillion.Pt2 by Slipknot (my fav band by the way)
  I heard it at the first time 6 years ago. I always have it on my phone or MP3 player since that time.

Just listen to it.




   A theme of the album Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses is Corey Taylor apologizing to his fans. In Slipknot's albums, the key focus is a girl. In Volume 3, he tells his fans that the girl he has been singing about and doing all these horrible things to, wasn't real - he made her up! In this song, he says, "She isn't real!" He never tells you directly that she was a lie, hence "The subliminal verses."

   To me, this song has a dual meaning. It is very metaphorical in a sense. On the surface it is about the unrequieted love he has for a girl. It makes clear reference to her drug addiction in Vermillion 1. The girl he loves is not in love with him. Rather, she is in love with the high she attains from drugs. I am guessing by the way they shot the video, she is a speed freak. This song begins where the other one left off. She is lying on the ground in a dreamlike state. I believe when she is lifted up off the ground, that is meant to symbolize her dreaming of getting high. So basically, she lives in a constant dream. When she is awake, she is high and when she is asleep, she dreams of getting high.She is completely blind to the fact that he loves her and would do anything for her. The singer on the other hand only dreams of HER. He seems completely taken by her and yet he regrets it at the same time.This is because he realizes that she will never love him the way he loves her. She is too hung up on getting high. So basically, he tries to deny his feelings for her in an attempt not to feel the pain of rejection. Such a powerful song...Very depressing indeed.

1 comment:

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete